Thursday, May 29, 2008

How dreadful! Where have I been?

Almost a month! Whew!

So much has happened... my daughter went to the prom and I meant to post a photo or 2. She was/is beautiful! Not only that, but she'll be 17 next week. Ok, so here's the gorgeous couple:


Lots of medical testing, so far all results are negative. Just have not been feeling well. My husband is doing a "Take Shape For Life" diet and doing great - and now he wants to get a personal trainer... And I finished another painting. Here it is:


It's actually an old painting that I finished in 2006. It was pretty much the black hole with the yellow membrane and red around it, with the same background, called "Embryo of My Grief." Sometime in 2007 I painted the yellow overlay and didn't know how to go from there. Then one day a couple of weeks ago I just was so overwhelmed and so unhappy because I wasn't feeling well and had no time for my creative life with all the rest of life going on that I just went at the painting. I've worked on it here and there, adding to the piece over the original painting, and yesterday I finished it. Again. But it's a different painting now, anyway.

Here's a detail. It's the egg.


It is a visual art lifelong theme for me - fertility, sperm and eggs. My art therapy thesis was entitled "Egg Therapy" - part of it was doing a bunch of drawings of eggs. Now, I've got these cysts on my left ovary and I might have to kiss it goodbye. Plus, I know I'm at a turning point, because I'm not happy with the way things are and the pressure's building. I have to make more room/time/energy for my creative life. And I hope that I find a way to make it coincide with money!!!!!

Sorry for the grumpy post. It's the rumblings of impending change.

And, by the way, happy Mercury retrograde.

No comments: