Friday, April 4, 2008

Finally the Ocean


We had 3 precious days at the ocean over Easter weekend...

I've been going to the Jersey shore almost every year since I was born; for the last almost 20 years my parents have owned a place that is right on the water. Usually I wait until the summer to go, but there was nothing that could keep me away after all that winter sickness.

As soon as we get off the Parkway (my son calls it the "Garden Stake"), my heart quickens and I feel as though I fly the rest of the way. It's comforting to see all the familiar stores, restaurants and even gas stations on the way, because this is the way HOME. I love the way my children, too, treasure this place; they've known it their whole lives. I can't think of anything more wonderful.

I took the top 2 photos, and my daughter took the 3rd. Enjoy my heaven on earth!

1 comment:

bonnie said...

i lived in margate~ for 2 1/2 years.
the ocean was right across the street.
i haven't been back in ten years~
i so want to go back and see
those places that i loved.